The street blueprint
To help expedite license approval, the Berlin VLB requires that the street blueprint be clear.
The VLB urges you to hire a service professional (listed in the branch directory under street blocking) to put up the traffic signs and help close off areas of traffic. We ask that you use a trained service professional for traffic measures that significantly interfere with the flow of traffic (closures, detours, bus transportation).
Should you decide to produce your own street blueprint (e.g. for shoots that do not comprehensively interfere with traffic), please take the following pointers into consideration. Hand-drawn sketches have a better chance of being honored in the later stages of planning if they account for the following:
1. The right margin of the street sign plan is left free for your general information and the VLBs seal of approval.
2. Traffic signs are drawn pictorially with respect to their precise physical co-ordinates and labeled with their corresponding street sign numbers.
3. The starting and ending points of the licensed zone are delineated with arrows.
4. Driveways and off-ramps are clearly marked.
5. Handicapped parking spots are clearly marked.
6. Correct house and tree numbers are included.
7. Due north is clearly designated by an arrow.
8. All street hazards and street closures must be accounted for with the matching diagram number provided by the official German traffic guidelines (RSA)
The following pieces of general information are to be written in the right margin (see #1 above):
- Name of the company requesting the license
- Type of traffic waver being applied for (incl. total distance in meters)
- Venue of the traffic waver (incl. street name(s))
- Date(s) and total duration of the traffic waver