For the Berlinale 2020, specific, trend-setting requirements for film and TV productions were announced, which must be implemented after Covid-19. The self-declaration of the producers for sustainable production as the use of CO2 calculators will become part of the funding, For the future Green Consultants will support the productions and work closely with the trades.
The additional costs for a Green Consultant as part of the manufacturing costs are recognized, in part, even financially support by the regional funding institutions, including Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg. .
Keep in mind!
Not only the way how, but also what we produce is decisive: Green storytelling
If the producer has made a clear decision to film as eco-friendly as possible, he/she should communicate this clearly at the beginning of the production preparations and initiate appropiate steps.
- Make a fundamental decision for environmentally conscious production right from the start.
- Be a role model.
- Include all Heads of Departments at an early stage and plan realistic production goals
- Hire a sustainability officer (Green Consulatant) as a contact person for all departments. He can take care of research and information on the topic, report regularly on the status quo and check implementation at the individual departments.
- Use the CO2 calculator to check your carbon footprint.
- Communicate the successes both within the team for motivation and to promote the image of your production in public.
- Use the kick-off meeting with the cast and crew to inform them about your "green goals", get them on board and introduce the sustainability officer.