filming in protection periods

filming by night / filming on sundays and public holidays

Approval from the environmental protection authority must be obtained for filming between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. - as well as on sundays and public holidays if the filming is expected to disrupt residents, which generally is to be expected.
In case of expected noise or air pollution, an approval must be obtained also outside of these times.
If you are in doubt, please consult the responsible environmental agency.

Please note:

To get a permit, you will need an experienced German speaking production manager since the official language is German. The process is quite complex and you need to fill out forms and answers questions in regards of your project. You will find a list of Production and Location Managers at our database.


The environmental offices of the districts are responsible in regards of  permits for filming during protection periods. 

Please note:

The reqiuered electrical energy can be found in the available network.
If this is not possible, only power generators may be used that are equipped with a particle reduction system with a separation efficiency across all particle sizes of over 90%.

The following certifications proof the above requirements:

- VERT (Verification of Emission Reduction Technologies - Swiss Standards)
- FAD (Association for Exhaust Gas Aftertreatment Technologies for Diesel Engines)
- UNECE - Guideline 132 for Retrofit Systems (REC Guideline) Level 1, Class 1 and 2)

Tip for green filming: 

For more sustainable production, use environmentally friendly power / gas / hybrid units. You will find more information on our green filming page! 


In the state of Brandenburg pollution control is managed centrally. The authority able to hand out for the special permit is theLandesamt für Umwelt (LfU),  Brandenburg (State Office for the Environment, Brandenburg).

contact: bbfc