The responsible authority for filming on motorways in Berlin is:
The sequence of the filming is still to be coordinated with the Berlin freeway police (the chief of police in Berlin, Directorate for Operations, Escort Protection and Traffic Service, Road Safety Service 1 - Autobahn Police) The responsible guard, the Autobahn Endurance Service, can be reached around the clock. The motorway endurance service records all measures that affect traffic on Berlin's city highways, such as construction or filming, in a central computer and coordinates them.
- Due to the high traffic loads on Berlin's city motorways, filming that will have an impact on general traffic is only possible at night, on Sundays, and on special and on some sections of the route even between 9:00 and 13:00 on weekdays.
- Overtaking scenes, night shots with headlights and flashing lights also require an exemption, which is issued by the central film office of the SenUVK. The details of the implementation must be coordinated with the motorway police.
- The establishment of base camps and filming at rest areas must be coordinated with the central foil office of the SenUVK. Entrances and exits to the motorway may under no circumstances be blocked.
The following places are available for setting up base camps:
- Parking at the Hoher Bogen footbridge on Rudolstädter Straße in Wilmersdorf
- Parking at the petrol station Mecklenburgische Straße (Heidelberger Platz) in Wilmersdorf
- Parking at the Sachsendamm swimming pool in Schöneberg
- Parking spaces at the Avus-Nordkurve or at the Deutschlandhalle in Charlottenburg for filming on the Avus
In order to coordinate the filming, the freeway police need a filming schedule stating:
- desired location
- possibly production number and working title
- description of contents and script excerpt
- responsible contact person in production
The processing time usuall takes two weeks. If shooting requires a high degree of coordination it may take longer.