Please note

To receive filming permits, the forms must be filled out in German. If you need assistance please find a list of production and location managers in our database.


Filming by night / filming on Sundays and public holidays

During time between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. as well as on Sundays and public holidays, a permit must be obtained from the environmental protection authority for filming if a disturbance for local residents is to be expected. In the event of significant noise or air pollution, a permit must also be obtained outside of these times. During filming, the 32nd ordinance for the implementation of the Federal Immission Control Act (BImSchV) must be observed, which regulates, for example, the use and protection periods of power generators: Applications should be submitted to the responsible environmental agency 4 weeks before the start of filming.


The disctrict environmental offices are responsible for special permits regarding filming during rest periods. 

Please note:

The required electrical energy can be found in the available network.
If this is not possible, only power generators may be used that are equipped with a particle reduction system with a separation efficiency across all particle sizes of over 90%.

The following certifications proove the above requirements:

- VERT (Verification of Emission Reduction Technologies - Swiss Standards)
- FAD (Association for Exhaust Gas Aftertreatment Technologies for Diesel Engines)
- UNECE - Guideline 132 for Retrofit Systems (REC Guideline) Level 1, Class 1 and 2)

Tip for green filming: 

For a more sustainable production, use environmentally friendly power / gas / hybrid units. You will find more information on our green filming page! 


In the state of Brandenburg pollution control is managed by the districts. The authority, which will issue the special permit is the Landesamt für Umwelt (LfU), Brandenburg (State Office for the Environment, Brandenburg).