The responsible authority for filming on motorways in Berlin is:
- Film office of the Central Road Traffic Authority
- Due to the high traffic congestion on Berlin's city motorways, filming that will have an impact on general traffic is only possible at night or on Sundays. Some particular sections of the route might also be available between 9:00 and 13:00 on weekdays.
- Overtaking scenes, night shots with headlights and flashing lights also require an exemption, which is issued by the central film office of the SenUVK. Details of the execution must be coordinated with the motorway police.
- The establishment of base camps and filming at rest areas must be coordinated with the central film office of the SenUVK. Entrances and exits to the motorway cannot be blocked under any circumstances.
The following places are available for setting up base camps:
- Parking at the Hoher Bogen footbridge on Rudolstädter Straße in Wilmersdorf
- Parking at the petrol station Mecklenburgische Straße (Heidelberger Platz) in Wilmersdorf
- Parking at the Sachsendamm swimming pool in Schöneberg
- Parking spaces at the Avus-Nordkurve or at the Deutschlandhalle in Charlottenburg for filming on the Avus
In order to coordinate filming, the highway patrol require a filming schedule stating:
- desired location
- possibly production number and working title
- description of contents and script excerpt
- responsible contact person in production
The processing time usually takes two weeks. If shooting requires a high degree of coordination it may take longer.