Please note

To receive filming permits, the forms must be filled out in German. If you need assistance please find a list of production and location manager in our database.



Filming on water and waterways generally needs to be approved.
Bodies of water and waterways in Berlin and Brandenburg are governed by different jurisdictions.


Federal waterways

If you need a filming permit, please apply for it informally with the following information from the Directorate-General for Waterways and Shipping:

  • information about the applicant company
  • locations, motif, date, time
  • reason for the film shoot (brief description of the concept)
  • number of people involved
  • equipment information
  • contact details

Water and Shipping Office Berlin

Berlin and Märkische waterways (federal waterways)

The Havel-Oder waterway

State waterways


The approval authority for state waterways in Berlin is the Senate Department for Environment, Transport and Climate Protection


The approval authority for state waterways in Brandenburg is the State Office for Building and Traffic Department 2, Department 24 (LBV).

Waterways and bodies of water under county or local government

In Brandenburg, individual bodies of water are administered by the districts or cities.


Private water

Some individual bodies of water are also privately owned. The owner needs to be contacted for filming permits.