Please note

To receive filming permits, the forms must be filled out in German. If you need assistance please find a list of production and location manager in our database.


Basic Information

For filming with gas and blank firearms (SRS weapons) the following regulation must be considered according to the arms act (Waffengesetz) of April 1, 2003:

All persons who carry a gas weapon or firearm in public need to have a small weapon license. Otherwise, carrying a weapon is a criminal offense and can be disciplined with imprisonment of up to 3 years.


  • The SRS weapons must be transported to the location in a weapon case or similar container that cannot be accessed easily. During tranportation the weapons are not allowed to be ready to fire and need to be unloaded.
  • In case of a permit for special use according to §11 BerlStrG, the area needs to be effectively blocked off by third parties (with blocking aids / access control).
  • If an actor is filmed with an SRS weapon at such location (cf. 2), you need no weapon-base guiding.

Contact persons of the weapons authority (LKA 514) and more information about the small gun license can be found here.



In the state of Brandenburg, the responsible gun authority is the police headquarter.

Please get in touch with the legal department of the police district of your residence.

Police departments in the state of Brandenburg:

  • Police directorate north (counties: Oberhavel, Ostprignitz-Ruppin and Prignitz)
  • Police directorate east (counties: Uckermark, Barnim, Märkisch-Oderland and Oder-Spree as well as the independent city of Frankfurt (Oder))
  • Police directorate south (counties: Dahme-Spreewald, Oberspreewald-Lausitz, Spree-Neiße and Elbe-Elster and the independent city of Cottbus)
  • Police directorate west  (counties: Potsdam- Mittelmark, Havelland, Teltow- Fläming as well as the independent city of Brandenburg an der Havel and state capital Potsdam)
  • Application forms (in German only)

Filming with uniforms

Filming with uniforms in public spaces is only possible at closed off locations.
The use of the "costume - uniform" at the cordoned off location does not require separate approval.
Performers wearing the uniforms in not closed off areas is prohibited!